Tool kit & Tips for participants
Participants toolkit and access to your account
On this page you will find various tools and tips to make your Walk for Alzheimer's fundraiser a success!
To access your account, click on the Login button at the top right corner of the page. This will give you access to your participant's page, allowing you to:
- Personalize your fundraising page by adding a profil picture and a personalized message. Tell your story with dementia, explain why you take part in the Walk and for whom you are walking. Why is this cause so important to you. People will be more inclined to donate if they understand your motivation.
- Solicit your contacts by email. You will be able to invite your contacts to visit your fundraising page and to register to the virtual Walk or to make a donation to the cause. Through your personal account's email, you will also be able to thank your donators and to keep them posted on the results of your fundraiser. Let them know when you're reached your goal and thank them for their contribution!
- Set your goal and follow the evolution of your fundraiser. You will be able to see who made donations and the total amount raised. Dont' hesitate to reach out to your contacts more than once, reminding them the importance of this cause to you and how you need their help to reach your fundraising goal!
Schedule of the day:
8:30 a.m : Registration, coffee and pastries
9:00 a.m : A few words from Anne-Elisabeth Bossé, music with Étienne Drapeau and warm-up with Karine Larose - Nautilus Plus
10:00 a.m: Departure of the Walk 3,15 km
Location: Alzheimer Society of Montreal's office, 4505 Notre-Dame street W. in Montréal.
We encourage you to use public transports as parking spots can be scarce. The closest metro station is Place St-Henri on the orange line, which is 5 minute away from the location of the Walk.
- Walk your Way Toolkit: a complete guide with all the tools and tips you need to help you spread the word and reach your goal!
- Fundraising tips
- Key messages to support your donation solicitations
- How to create videos for the Walk
- Customizable sign: you can pin this sign on your clothes during your walk to let people know for whom you are raising funds! Take photos or videos of yourself with the sign and share them on your social media with the hashtag #IGWalkforAlz
The Route of the Walk
Plan of the site - Sir-George-Étienne-Cartier park